3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Disappearing files (2003)

Files, which were open when closing another file, disappear from the C: drive and are no longer open in Excel. Sometimes I use two incidents of Excel and this issue occurs, but other times there is only one incident with multiple files open. I'm not given the option to save the other files when I close one of the files. Sometimes the file doesn't completely disappear but the saved file reverts to a prior iteration of the document, without the latest updates, eventhou the document was saved previously.

Has anyone heard of issues with saved files disappearing from the hard drive?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Disappearing files (2003)

I've never heard of such a problem. Try Jan Karel Pieterse's <!post=Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL,290455>Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in XL<!/post>.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the information, Hans.

Most of the behavior problems discussed by Jan have to do with startup issues. Our problem does not appear to be startup. The user who complained about the issue is a player. He could have changed setup options, etc. it is hard to say. I will have him check out the steps in the article.

Thanks

Other things to look at are the files and not Excel.
    Are the files opened as Read-Only. Read only files are not requested to be saved?
    Do the files have code in the workbook close event which might cause this behaviour?
    Are teh files being saved elsewhere so are not reverting but are in a different location?

Steve