5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

multiple selections in a sub-form datasheet (Acc 2

Is it possible to 'page thru' multiple selections in a subform set to datasheet? i can fetch the values by column index number of a given selection (altho trying to do this on columns with text gives an error) - but don't see a method for fetching values for multiple records selected in the datasheet.

TIA

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: multiple selections in a sub-form datasheet (Acc 2

See if you can do something with the SelTop and SelHeight properties of the subform.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: multiple selections in a sub-form datasheet (A

ok - this is to declare an array?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I don't understand. SelTop gives you the number of the first selected record, and SelHeight the number of selected records.

(In general, working with the selection in a datasheet is a PITA. If at all possible, I'd avoid it)

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am actually trying to avoid working with multiple datasheet selections, but am forced to do so. I am using a listbox with multi-select set to Simple for one side (select employees) and a single selection on the datasheet for the other side (Select a Class). The problem i am facing is listbox doesn't allow sorting or re-sizing columns, which is a pity. I wish there was a simple sortable lisbox control with multi-select capacity - this would allow me to do what I want without datasheets. I don't want to use a datasheet as it is not always apparent what is being selected, but I need my sorting and column resizing!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

You can add sorting capability to a list box - change its RowSource in code to an SQL string that sorts the data the way you want. You could, for example, put labels (or command buttons) above the list box that change the sort order when clicked.
    Resizing columns is theoretically possible by manipulating the ColumnWidths property, but it would be more tricky to create a user-friendly interface.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I already tried to add sorting via a drop-down and wasn't all that successful, but didn't work too hard on it as the datasheet has a (IMHO) more intuitive way to do sorting - although i'd rather have a .NET datagrid style control with toggle column headers if it were possible. Well, I'm in development phase and am waiting to see if the user is OK with how it is at this point in time. This is one of those situations where my preferred solution is not available...