4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Weird Hanging Paragraph (XP)

The attached slide illustrates a occasional problem I am having with note pages that I have been unable to resolve. It is only a minor annoyance problem and not a big deal but the more I encounter it, the more it bothers me.

The note page has a single paragraph that appears to be left-justified when you look at it on the screen. That is what I want. However, when you print the slide using the option to print note pages, the paragraph shows up as a hanging paragraph (no bullet) when the first line left justified and the remainder indented about a quarter of an inch.

I did nothing (that I know of) to cause this behavior and nothing I have tried to do has changed the behavior. This slide was cut out of a longer presentation and none of the other pages in the presentation behave this way.

Is this a fluke of PowerPoint or is there a way to fix it?

Ronny
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ronny Richardson

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Weird Hanging Paragraph (XP)

If you activate Notes view, you'll see the indent. You can adjust the indent on the ruler.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

That works, thanks. I don't know how I managed to overlook that view. It also shows the color formatting of the fonts in the note area, which is helpful.

Have you noticed that PowerPoint only has one paragraph format? Strange but that is how it appears. If you "fix" the hanging paragraph in one paragraph but dragging the markers on the ruler, it affects the bullets in spite of those paragraphs not being selected during the reformatting.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Powerpoint has one "connected" set of indents on ruler. If you hold down Ctrl while dragging the markers, you have more freedom, but you cannot drag the markers for one level beyond that for the other levels - you'll move the other markers too.