2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Macro Question (2003)

I have a macro that selects a specific report and exports to a drive on my server. I was wondering if it's possible to give the report the name of the selected report plus a date and time versus a static name like I'm doing now.

Object Type: Report
    Object Name: =[Forms]![frmReports]![lstReports]
    Output File: sharepointsitesteamsitesHOAProjectsreplacementrese rveReportstest.rtf

In the above example, I'd like test.rtf to be the report selected plus the date and time. Any insihgt would be much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Macro Question (2003)

Thanks for the quick response Hans! I gave that a shot, but I'm getting an error, an action failed. Any clues?

Action Name:
    OutputTo
    Arguements:
    3, Summary by Association, RichTextFormat(*.rtf), sharepointsitesteamsitesHOAProjectsreplacementrese rveReports" & [Forms]![frmReports]![lstReports] & Format(Now();"yyyymmddhhnnss") & ".rtf", No, , 0

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Error corrected by HansV

Set the Output File argument to

="sharepointsitesteamsitesHOAProjectsreplacementre serveReports" & [Forms]![frmReports]![lstReports] & Format(Now(),"yyyymmddhhnnss") & ".rtf"

You can use a different date/time format if you wish, but you cannot use a slash / or a colon : because these characters aren't allowed in file names.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, the semicolon in the Format function should have been a comma:
    <code>
    ... Format(Now(),"yyyymmddhhnnss") ...
    </code>
    (my system uses semicolon as list separator, I forgot to change it in the post; I have done so now)