5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Checkboxes (2003 SP2)

Good morning,

Never having really used check boxes I thought I would have a play this morning as the dog got me up at an unearthly hour, as this is not linked to a project don't waste any time on a reply if it is too much trouble, it is more out of interest to me if I could use them at a future date.

In the attached example I have 4 CheckBox options in 1 GroupBox, I start all the options out as 'unchecked' and linked to C3 with the idea that when one gets checked it looks at my formula in D9 and (hopefully) returns the right result. However it does not, play around as I will I can't seem to get them to change to the right thing, can anybody point out for me what I have done wrong and why I get the wrong results.

Thanks

Steve
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Checkboxes (2003 SP2)

The boundaries of the third option button extend partly outside the group box, this makes it act as an individual option button with option value = 1 instead of as a part of the group. Since it is bound to the same cell as the group, it is synchronized with the first option button which also has option value = 1. Right-click the third option button, then left-click on it and resize it so that it fits entirely within the group box. The four option buttons should then act as a group.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Checkboxes (2003 SP2)

Thanks Hans

I did not reliase it was as simple as that. Doh!

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)