4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Viewing Notes With Show (XP)

I am a subcontractor writing narration for some educational PowerPoint presentations. I return them to the contractor who sends them out to another subcontractor (a voice actor) to narrate the slides. I mention all that simply so you understand why I ask this question here rather than asking the other subcontractor. I don't even know who they are.

The contractor wants the narration as notes inside the PowerPoint presentation rather than as a script in Word, which has been my approach in the past. He says the subcontractor works better that way. My question is, when I use the record narration feature of PowerPoint, it shows the slide full-screen so you cannot see the notes. So, unless the subcontractor is printing off the slides as note pages to read from, I don't see how he sees the notes to read them and printing them off seems terribly inefficient.

Is there something I am overlooking, perhaps an easier or different way to record narration?

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Viewing Notes With Show (XP)

Two ways to see the notes while viewing the slides full screen.
    1. <LI>Right click the slide > Screen > Speaker Notes - this displays the notes in a small dialog box that you can move.
      <LI>Use a PC with two screens. In PowerPoint, Slide Show, Set Up Show..., Show Presenter View. - this displays the notes on the other screen to the slides.
    StuartR

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Viewing Notes With Show (XP)

That's neat and something that would have never occurred to me. Thanks.

Ronny
    Ronny Richardson