Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to filtering subform (2003)

Hello,

I need to filter a subform by the "Program" field where the user will be required to input the "program" name. I would like to filter this subform based on a command button. The name of the subform is "frmbudget". The name of the main form is "FrmBud". Any help would be great. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to filtering subform (2003)

A subform is automatically filtered by the value of the field that links it to the main form. Do you want the filter on program to be added to the automatic filter?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yes. I think that is what I need to do.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Where would you like to place the command button? On the main form or on the subform?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I am actually creating a switchboard like form. I was going to create the command buttom there and put the name of the program. I want the main form to display there and the subform filter.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't understand. Can you explain why you want to open a main form / subform from your switchbard form with the subform filtered?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Sure. I will try. I have a main form where a user puts in invoice information. For an invoice to be approved, I have to make sure that there is a budget to pay from. This budget is the subform, however, a company can have multiple program budgets. I hope this makes sense.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

But why don't you put a combo box on the subform to select a program? I don't understand why you want to filter from the switchboard form.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Well it is not a switchboard item but a command button in a form. I am going to use this form as a "switchboard". I could put a combo box in the subform, but that means that the user will have one more click and may confuse them. I am sorry if I am making this more confusing.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm afraid I don't really understand what you want, or why you want to do it this way.

Could you post a stripped down copy of your database? See <post#=401925>post 401925</post#> for instructions.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

The main form I need to open is call "frmManagerMain". You will see that there are three tabs. Each with a subform. The first tab has the budget information. This is the one I would like to open up filter to for each program. The "Switchboard" form is where the command button is going to be place to do so. When you open the frmManagerMain it will ask you for a password. Please enter Fang (User last name) as the password. By the way, you will see that most of the VBA coding use on this database has come from your recommendations which I am extremely thankful.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

See the attached version. I placed a combo box on the switchboard form from which you can select a program. Clicking the command button next to it will open frmManagerMain.
    If you selected a program, the first subform will be filtered for this program. If the you left the combo box blank, all programs will be displayed.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. But I am afraid I still have the same issue where the subform shows all the programs budgets and not the one for each program. Attached is a screen copy of what I wanted to see when I press the HOPE command button in the switchboard. Thanks for trying to help though

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Instead of pressing the HOPE button, select HOPE in the combo box, and click the Show Form button next to it.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hans,

When I select combo box option "HOPE" and click on show form button, I still get both budgets in the subform. Am I doing something wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast