ajsmithva

System clock reset

I have a Compaq Presario 5333 running Win98, and ever since the change to Daylight Savings time in the fall, the system clock has been setting itself back at seemingly random times. For example, a couple of days ago I was working on the computer a little before 7 PM. I saw the display go from 18:58 to 18:59 (I use the 24-hour format), and then from 18:59 to 18:00. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to when this takes place; on occasion I've sat down at the PC and found the clock 2 hours slow. This PC is left on almost all the time, the only exception being when we're out of town for an extended period.

What's going on? Does anyone know???

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: System clock reset

Norton AV used to cause problems - are you using it and if so, what version?

ajsmithva

I'm using a Norton product; don't remember the name, but will check and post name/version tonight when I get home.

SuperShoe

Maybe your battery is low or bad. Or you can goto Thinkman.com and get dimension4 to set to Naval Obsevatory or others..
    HTH

Lounger
    Thanks

I am having the exact same problem, only I have a Gateway pentium III. I thought it was a low battery, but this clock resetting issue happened outside the Daylight savings time change.

I thought I might have a low battery, and I called Gateway's "customer support", and got some of the most insulting "service" I've ever gotten from any tech support people. They told me it was a windows issue and when I asked them how to fix it they basically told me to call microsoft.

I am using Norton's Anti-Virus 5.0. Is there a fix?

Thanks for your help.

Judy

Thanks

Some info here:
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q189/7/06.ASP>Q189706</A> Windows Clock on Taskbar and in Date/Time Tool Loses Time