2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Printer Issue - all pages print on one page

I have got an Hp 2300 LaserJet. The problem is that when you go to print a document or web page more then one page the whole document prints out on one page. For example a 3 page document would print out on the first page. I have tested the printer on another machine, with the same drivers and cables and it works. When I delete the printer on the PC that does not work, re-add it and the problem still occurs.

I have deleted the printer, downloaded the latest drivers from HP, Stop/started the print spooler, repaired Office, changed cables. All with any joy

The printer works fine on another machine but not with another.

Please can you help and give advice.

Thanks

Thanks

Re: Printer Issue - all pages print on one page

>> For example a 3 page document would print out on the first page.

Are the pages scaled down? - i.e. quarter size, so that each page is printed separately on the one sheet - or do you mean that all three pages are overprinted full size onto page one (as if you had fed the same sheet into the printer three times)?

Does a 3 page document cause the printer to use 3 sheets (with pages 2 and 3 blank)?

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi

It prints out any document but it copies over each other. It does not get scaled down; it just copies the text over each text. I have tried it with many different documents, WebPages - it just prints everything on the first page. I have tried the printer on another machine and it works fine.

Please help.

Thanks

Thanks

The fact that it works OK on another PC, and you appeared to have ruled out cables etc, makes me suspect it is a software issue.

What settings do you have on the Advanced properties tab, and in the Print Processor window? Do they match what you have on the PC that works?

BTW - what operating system?

I'm not familiar with the HP2300, but we have a range of HP lasers that are all configured as HPLJ4's (to give consistent printouts across the range). Can you try changing the driver to 'HP Laserjet 4' (from the built-in driver selection) and see if that works?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: gif x.gif (16.8 KB, 2 views)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Problem solved. I selected 'print directly to printer'

Thanks for help.