Star Lounger
    Thanks

autocorrect (2007 and 2003 SP2)

When I create a new autocorrect entry (right click the misspelling,l left click autocorrect and select the correct spelling); the next time I try the same misspelling it does not work - it comes up as misspelled again. i try the same misspelling on another line in the same document. Note - some of the time it does work, but other times (often) it does not work For example, I used an autocorrect entry for occasin (misspelling) occasion (corrected entry). This happens to me both in 2007 Word and 2003. What could the problem be. I talked to a colleague today who has experienced the same problem .Thank you!!

Thanks

Re: autocorrect (2007 and 2003 SP2)

Hmmm, I never noticed that little fly-out list before. Anyway, that example (occasin) works for me in Word 2003 using the procedure you described.

When it doesn't work, do you find that it has or hasn't been added to the list (see Tools>AutoCorrect in 2003, not sure about 2007)?

There are different AutoCorrect files for different languages, so if you save it in text formatted for English U.S., it usually will not correct when the text has its language set to English Australia (etc.), and vice versa. Not sure whether that might be a factor in the documents you edit.

Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: autocorrect (2007 and 2003 SP2)

Gee - thanks for answering, I got busy and forget to check my post and email. Anyway - you are right that sometimes the autocorrect entry is added to the autocorrect list, because when it does not correct automatically - I have often tried to add it again and I get a message about whether I want to redefine the entry. I don't think the language is a factor since I am working totally in one language - US English. I have had this same problem with 2003 and 2007 (and I think probably with 2002 as well). Not sure what else might be going on.