Lounger
    Thanks

How do you write a Word letter? (Outlook 2007)

In Outlook 2003, there was a button or command to initiate writing a Word letter to a particular Contact. And it worked pretty well. I don't see that in Outlook 2007. Am I missing something, or are snailmail letters to only one Contact just old tech?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How do you write a Word letter? (Outlook 2007)

Tools | Mail Merge should still be available in Outlook 2007, but only when you're in Contacts view. See Mailmerge from Outlook.

Uranium Lounger
    Thanks

The command to invoke Word's Letter wizard for a single contact in Outlook 2003 is Actions | New Letter to Contact. There is no toolbar icon for it in default installations of Outlook 2003, but you can customize your primary Contacts menu by adding it. I hope this translates into Outlook 2007 for you.
    -John ... I float in liquid gardens
    UTC -7ąDS

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the help. Yes, in Outlook 2003, I had customized the toolbar to include the button that would invoke the Word Letter Wizard. I would use it to basically harvest the name and address of a contact and cut-and-paste it into a Word document. That button (or a command) just doesn't seem to be available anymore in O2007, and Mail Merge seems like overkill for only 1 addressee. Reflecting on what I was doing, it was probably a waste of keystrokes--I could have just cut-and-pasted the address from the Contact's address area. I suppose that's what I'll do from now on. But thanks for the help anyway!

Thanks

Well, if not for this, then for another question the following might be useful: Reference: Locations of Outlook 2003 commands in Outlook 2007 @ Microsoft Office Online.

Lounger
    Thanks

Hey, that is a cool reference, very handy for making the 2003 to 2007 transition. And, yep, the Letter Wizard has been removed from O2007. This forum is the greatest. Thanks!