New Lounger
    Thanks

MS Access Image Scanning Database (2003)

I am in the process of creating a database for a non profit school which will contain details on the students. Part of the projest is also to add a photograph of the student of their respective record. I am looking at the possibility of scanning in a photograpg via a flatbed scanner of perhaps via a web cam attached to the PC. I would also like to store the images in a seperate folder on the hard drive so that the database doesn't BLOAT in size. Grateful if anyone can pint me in the right direction or perhaps at a sample database which I can study. Ideally I would be looking at an Unbound control on the form with a clickable button below it. When the photograph is loaded into the scanner or the stugent is in front of the web cam, I can clich the button and capture the image. The image gets stored/saved in it's folder and a reference is made to the path and image in the table. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Many thanks in advance. I am using MS Access 2003 but can go backwards to 2000 if necessary.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: MS Access Image Scanning Database (2003)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

You'll find a sample database attached to <post:=296,892>post 296,892</post:>. It is in Access 97 format, but you can convert it to Access 2000 or Access 2002/2003 format. It shows how ti handle images in an unbound image control on a report and on a report.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hans
    Thank you for your prompt reply however, the database that you are pointing me at only links images that have already been stored on the drive. I'm looking somthing a bit more fancier that will allow me to scan in from within the database and then save the image to a designated folder on the drive.

Any thoughts??

Many thanks once again...

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I'm sorry, I have no experience with that. Hopefully someone else will have a suggestion.

You may find something you can use at Image Handling on Tony Toew's website,