5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Patches, upgrades, & warnings? (Vista Ultimate)

I know Woody reviews the patches and upgrades then posts recommendations and warnings but I am unable to find a list of these... the comments and warnings seem to be all over the place.

Is there any comprehensive list, organized by OS and Office, of patches & upgrades with relevant comments (recommendation/warning)? If so, can anyone provide a link to it?

Thanks in advance

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Patches, upgrades, & warnings? (Vista Ultimate)

I know of no list but as for the Vista up dates I have installed all of them and have no issues.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Okay, thanks. I have heard the same (applying all without problems) from a lot of people and that makes me wonder what is with all the "warnings" about various patches??? I don't know much about the history of Woody and Microsoft but why would he issue warnings unless there were some legitimate reasons?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Each patch or update issued by Microsoft will cause problems on some computers. This is inevitable because of the enormous variety of computers running Windows, and the enormous variation of software installed on them. Unfortunately, Microsoft is in general very reluctant to acknowledge these problems.
    Woody therefore always recommends not installing patches and updates immediately, but to wait until the dust has settled down and the most serious problems have been tackled. If you want to be on the safe side, that is wise advice.
    On the other hand, a large majority of the updates and patches cause few or no problems on a large majority of computers, so if you don't mind the very occasional glitch and don't want to worry about each individual update, you might as well install them as they come. Many Loungers (including me) have been doing so for several years now without seriously adverse effects.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks for the reasoned response.