New Lounger
    Thanks

copy files from solution explorer (c# .net)

I would like to copy a group of files from the solution explorer to the users computer. The user selects the group of files to copy, and i have all of the files listed in the solution explorer. How do you access the files from the project (solution explorer) to copy them to the users computer?

Thanks, Chris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: copy files from solution explorer (c# .net)

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. The Solution Explorer I'm familiar with is in the VS.Net IDE, so by "users", are you talking about developers or actual application users? What exactly is it that you're trying to accomplish by copying these files?
    Charlotte

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: copy files from solution explorer (c# .net)

This is an executable that updates a database and copies files to the hard drive to update an existing program. I would like to include all of the files in the executable, but only update the computer with the subset that each user needs. I get a couple of variables from the users on the windows form, and would like to use that information to place the files in the correct location on the user's computer. I have placed the files in the solution explorer in the vs.net ide, and hope to have them go along with the executable. How do I go about getting the files to go with the executable and then on to the user's computer?

Thanks, Chris