2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Selected items (Access 2000)

I need to build a list box in a columnar form in which to enter all the items i have clicked in the first listbox. How could i do it ?
    The first list box contains the clients fom the table TblClients and the second listbox should show the items i have selected.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selected items (Access 2000)

I don't understand why you want to do this on a form bound to the same table.
    And it isn't a good idea to copy an item to the other list box each time the user clicks on an item - it's too easy to make a mistake.
    Alternatives could be to copy (or move) an item when the user double-clicks it, or to use command buttons to copy/move items between the list boxes.

<post#=282035>post 282035</post#> has a demo attached with single-select list boxes. Moving items is done by setting/clearing a Yes/No field in the underlying table.

<post#=284472>post 284472</post#> has a demo attached with multi-select list boxes. Moving items is done by running append and delete queries on the underlying tables (one for each list box)

Note: both demos rely on modifying tables. This is problematic in a multi-user environment.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Selected items (Access 2000)

Thank you Hans. i see now what i am trying to do is not a very good idea.