2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Error Message (XP2)

Yesterday when I tried opening a picture or movie, regardless of the program used, an error menu popped up with NERO in the left top corner. The error message read, "this program requires the file advrcntr2.dll, which was not found on this system." So, I download the file and stick in in several places, especially Program Files/Common Files/Ahead/Lib. When that didn't work, I also put it in WindowsSystem32 but that didn't stop it. Does anyone have any ideas? After I click OK on the error menu 4 times, it finally rolls over to the program I want to use to view the picture or movie. It gets a little distracting doing that each time, especially when I'm looking at 10-50 pictures at once.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error Message (XP2)

Do you have Nero (a program for burning CDs)? Or did you have it but did you uninstall it? If the latter, there must be something left behind - see Nero Support - Downloads - Cleantools for some tools you can use to remove those traces. Hopefully, the problem will be gone then.

BTW, simply copying a DLL to a folder won't help, you'd need to register it:
    - Select Start | Run...
    - Type <code>regsvr32 c:windowssystem32advrcntr2.dll</code> and press Enter.

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Error Message (XP2)

Hans:

Thanks for the information. I registered the dll and it worked. However, I also had to uninstall Nero and completely clean it out. Then I reinstalled Nero 8 and all is well.