New Lounger
    Thanks

Mobile Numbers in Contactes (2003)

Hi can anyone tell me what the default format is for entering Australian mobile phone numbers into a contact. Currently if I enter a number with nine digits like 416922044
    when I close and reopen the mobile field it appears in the local number as +61 (416) 922044 or some variation of this depending on what digits I place in the area code. If the number is 10 digits long then it works ok. Operating system XP Pro, and I do sync to Outlook using ActiveSync 4.5. Any help appreciated

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Mobile Numbers in Contactes (2003)

If you enter the mobile phone number the way you want it displayed, Outlook may leave it the way it is, but chances are that ActiveSync won't be able to synchronize it. So I fear you may be stuck with the format dictated by US usage.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans. As you say I can enter the mobile the way I want it and it remains like this unless I open to edit. I have no problems with synching at all. My understanding is that MS have hardwired the settings for each country into these fields which if the case it seems strange that I am having this problem. I have recently moved from NZ and the Contacts when set up for NZ conditions work fine for NZ numbers. I am wondering if I have some sort of corruption here. Any thoughts anyone.
    Chris

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

No, I don't think it's corruption. There are many posts in other discussion forums and newsgroups complaining about this problem. Apparently Microsoft didn't provide a separate format for mobile numbers in Australia.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans, Yes you are right. I am temping in an org that runs both 2000 and 2003. There are no issues with 2000, but enter the same number in 03 and it all turns to custard. Oh well. Thanks for your help
    Chris