New Lounger
    Thanks

Power Over Ethernet

Does ANYONE use this in the home? I'm in the UK, and I can't find anyone who sells the POE adapters for the major manufactuer's products. Linksys, for example, sell an ethernet bridge - WET54G-UK - that can be powered using their 5V WAPPOE adapter. HOWEVER.....the only Linksys POE adapter available in the UK is their WAPPOE12, which supplies 12V, and is for their office-scale products.

There is NO indication on their UK website or anywhere else that this is the case, or that they make two different flavours of the POE adapter. Even their resellers don't know, which suggests to me that this form of power distribution is about as popular in the consumer space as a head cold.

Anyone with any knowledge/experience to share?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Power Over Ethernet

I have neither knowledge nor experience of PoE, but I can point you here...
    <font face="Script MT Bold"><font color=blue><big><big>John</big></big></font color=blue></font face=script>

Ita, esto, quidcumque...

New Lounger
    Thanks

You can get the 5 Volts WAPPOE in EBay. That's were I got mine. I just checked and there are 14 of them available.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Well well. I looked two weeks ago and couldn't find any. I've since given up, returned the kit and bought 2 Xyzel EoP units, which work brilliantly, straight out of the box, no config needed. And they have regular power plugs and leads, so there's no steric hindrance with adjacent sockets like with most of these things. So rather than try extending my wireless network, I've extended my ethernet one instead.

So Linksys lost out!