New Lounger
    Thanks

Word and Outlook (Office 2007)

When I go to insert an address from Outlook into Word, either in the addressbook in the Envelope/Label dialog box, or into a letter by the Addressbook, Word hangs. When I click on the addressbook icon, I get the small box asking for the profile, I then get the list of names. However, when I choose a name the hanging occurs and I have to shut down Word. Any suggestions? Thanks. Phil

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Word and Outlook (Office 2007)

Does this happen if Outlook is already active before you try to insert an address in Word? Or only if Outlook isn't active yet?

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hi. Thank you for the response. It is very helpful. I tried the Addressbook in Word with Outlook active and the address was brought in from Outlook. Thank you. Does this mean that Outlook must always be active to do this or is there a setting that I can adjust? Phil

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Word should be able to read your address book even if Outlook isn't active, but I don't know what causes the problem. Until someone comes up with a solution for it, I'd start Outlook first as a workaround.

(Just an idea: is Outlook your default e-mail program? If not, that might cause the problem)