5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Asspciating files types

Good afternoon

I have used a program to make a flash intro (.swf) on my PC and I have download the flash software from the internet 3 times but any .swf files will not associate themselves with it, I have tried to 'Open With' but Macromedia Flash does not appear in the options.

Any clues please

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Asspciating files types

My understanding of the use of swf type files MUST be viewed using a Browser with addins.
    Try opening (With internet browser open] the swf file in question, i.e, enter the path and file name of this file in the web address box.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Editted to add a link that works!!!

Hi Dace, thanks for the response

I can view my .swf file in a browser as I can with any .swf web sites, funnies or whatever on the www, however if you have the flash program loaded you can view these on your desktop as little stand alone animations. I have created an .swf file that ultimately I want to play as an opening page in a Powerpoint presentation, I have done this in the past so I know that it does work, in fact this is the Microsoft web page that gives the details of how http://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/powerpoi...=CL100626991033 but for some reason I just cannot get my .swf's to see the Macromedia program and vice versa.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

From your list link,
    <hr>Older versions of the Shockwave Flash Object may be registered on your computer. To guarantee that complex animations run properly, we recommend that you install the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. <hr>

Also note that Adobe has taken over Macromedia and have their own version now.

Now running HP Pavilion a6528p, with Win7 64 Bit OS.

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks again Dave,

I have however made sure that I have downloaded the latest versions of all their software, I was actually aware that the dreaded 'Adobe' had taken them over but I referred to it by its generic name as that is how must people recognise it. I went home last night and removed all instances from my personal PC and then reloaded the newer versions and instantly all .swf files were viewable. We actually have a support Company that have been looking at this for me for 2 days now and they are scratching their heads and cannot understand why they will not associate or populate the 'Open With' box, as an experiment I have downloaded other software and that instantly becomes available in the 'Open With' box.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve