New Lounger
    Thanks

Fitting Excel worksheet in Word (Word 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1))

I have been asked to insert an Excel worksheet into a document - the problem is my boss wants it to display the contents rather than having a clickable icon and when I try to insert the object form file it only shows part of the excel sheet, when I try to resize it by dragging it it will get smaller and fit on the page but the right hand half of it is still missing no matter what I do! I have tried resizing it both when it is in 'normal' view in Word and also after double-clicking it to edit it but still nothing works!

I did try copying and pasting but the the workbook is made up of charts and data all on one page so when I tried to copy it it went all wrong!

Is there any way to show the whole of the page of the excel workbook properly within Word?

Many thanks in advance

R

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Fitting Excel worksheet in Word (Word 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1))

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Try setting the document to landscape orientation in the File | Page Setup dialog.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Hallo Hans

I forgot to mention in my original post - it is already set to landscape and still won't fit!

Rae

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Are you inserting as an Excel object? If so, select it, then select Format | Object..., activate the Size tab and reduce the size of the Excel object.

Super Moderator
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Thanks

Hi Rae,

When you paste an Excel object into Word, there is a limit on the number of rows and columns that can be displayed. Even so, you can often get Word to display more columns than the default by double-clicking on the object to activate it, then draging the right-hand window handle to the right. Likewise with the bottom window handle. Alternatively, you could paste it into Word using the picture or bitmap object, either of these will allow you to re-scale the pasted object to fit your Word document's margins.
    Cheers,

Paul Edstein
    [MS MVP - Word]