New Lounger
    Thanks

Windows Media Player 11 (Windows Media Player 11)

Hello Loungers,

I have vexing problem. Vista came installed on my new computer and I have an issue with Windows Media Player 11 that I just can't find a fix for. Maybe one of you will have a solution. With every song that's played, at approximately 10-15 seconds from the end of the track, the music skips for about 2 or 3 seconds. The same tracks don't do this when played on another computer or with another program, so I've isolated the problem to WMP 11. I've downloaded updates from the mirosoft site to no avail. I've also tried to download WMP 11 and reinstall, but a message telling me I've already got a newer version (I assume since I updated mine) pops up and I can't reinstall WPM 11. Does anyone have any ideas how I can get rid of this problem? I'd rather not call Microsoft because it'll cost me a bundle - I'm a deployed serviceman in Korea. I'd appreciate any ideas. Thanks, MVD

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Windows Media Player 11 (Windows Media Player 11)

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

Try disabling sound enhancements:
    - Open the Sound control panel.
    - Activate the Playback tab if necessary.
    - Right-click Speakers and select Properties from the popup menu.
    - Activate the Enhancements tab.
    - Tick the check box "Disable all enhancements".
    - OK your way out.

You might also look for an updated driver for your sound card on the computer or sound card manufacturer's website.