3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Yamaha CD writer

I am running WinXP Home SP2. I have a Yamaha CD-R/RW Drive (CRW-F1) installed. I have been copying CDs successfully EXCEPT that after running 2 or 3 copies I get a BURN FAILED message and it says "Power Calibration Error". If I go back and start over sometimes it burns successfully but at the next time I get the "Power Calibration error" message. I've tried Rebooting and shutting off all other apps.. Any suggestions or comments would be gratefully appreciated. Than you.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Yamaha CD writer

Mine's a DVD/CD so I don't know if your properties will look like this, but have you tried a slower speed to see if that helps?
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanx for your prompt attention. You guys are really "Johnny-On-The-Spot" I had been copying at 4X, and since I posted I tried it again this time at 8X and it worked just fine. The darn thing has been erratic for the past coupla weeks but it seems if I persist it will eventually write OK. I guess I'll just have to live with it as is. Called Yamaha Support and they said they don't make Writers anymore so they DON'T support them. Remind me to stay AWAY, FAR AWAY from their brand in the future.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

These "optical" devices sure can be fickle, can't they? My Dell-supplied DVD/CD is just about a no-name. SIW calls it an LG Electronics and it @#$!% out shortly after I got the machine. Dell replaced it for me and (so far) I haven't had any trouble burning at the "fastest" speed as you saw in my screenshot. But then I don't usually burn more than one CD at a time, so I don't know if they get too hot with repeated burning. Good luck with it...