2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Custom Installation Wizard Office 2003 without re (2003 & Xp;SP3)

Hi,

I have a request to build a transform to install Excel 2003 (re: my XML posting). I created an admin point for Office 2003 Professional and patched with SP3.

Using the Custom Installation Wizard from my Office XP Resource kit, I built a transform to install just Excel 2003. There was no screen for keeping or removing 2002 (just 2000, 95, 97 (?)).

The transform installs Excel ok. But upgrades Word, Powepoint, and Access to 2003 (from 2002) even though I chose Not Available in the wizard.

I tried a few different choices in the wizard; I never find the wizard to be totally clear as to what I'm choosing and what I will get.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong and what I need to do? eg do I need an Office Profile file?

Would using setupexl.exe to create an admin point get me what I need -- XML functionality and keeping Office Xp? I'm still unclear if Office 2003 Professional is required for XML functionality over just Standard (I don't have a product code for Standard so I never played with it last week).

The documentation on Microsoft's site is getting sparse forOffice 2003. and I don't create transforms often enough and for different versions to know more about the whole process.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Regards,

Jimmy

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Custom Installation Wizard Office 2003 without re (2003 & Xp;SP3)

After posting, I decided to check for a new Custom Installation Wizard and did find a new one for Office 2003. Using that one I was able to keep the Office XP programs. But Word, Powerpoint and Access 2003 got installed even though I had not selected them in the install features tree.

I'm wondering if Word, Powerpoint and Access 2003 got installed because of the presence of the 2002 version. ie some sort of migration was happening automatically.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Jimmy