Lounger
    Thanks

File Open Delay (2007)

Since I loaded Office Pro 2007 earlier this summer, I have had a problem with opening Excel files. The old process of double clicking on the file in My Documents (or other folder) to open a file seems to have a delay in processing. Excel opens, but remains blank for a time until I click on the Office Button. When I click off the button, it seems to open the file most times. I know, if I open Excel and use the file|Open command, it seems to work fine. But having the habit of opening from a folder is something for me that goes back to Excel 2.0. I hesitate to uninstall and reload, but will as a last resort. Anyone else had a problem like this? The other Office programs don't behave like this performing the same open operation.

Thanks

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: File Open Delay (2007)

There are reports of similar behavior in the newsgroups so it may be a bug in Excel 2007.

Anyway, make sure that the check box 'Ignore other applications" in Office Button>Excel Options>Advanced>General section is cleared.

Thanks

What add-ins do you have installed, or loading automatically from the XLSTART directories? (PDFMaker seems to be a common culprit for these sorts of problems)
    Regards,
    Rory

Microsoft MVP - Excel

Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks. I did download the MS PDF converter for use with my Publisher. Didn't think that would also load for Excel, but it did. Disabling didn't work, but deleting the file in the XLStart folder did the trick.

Thanks to Hans as well.

Thanks

Any file in the XLStart folder will load each and every time that XL is run. The more items you have in this folder, the longer it will take to load XL

Steve