Super Moderator
    Thanks

Paste Append (2003)

I am working on a db that enables people to be booked into courses. There is a courses form with a bookings subform. I am actually updating an old database that was not normalised.

They just have just said that they often have a group of people booked into several courses at the same time. In the past they could book the people into one course, select the records in the subform, copy them, move to another course and paste append them.

When I try to do this I get errors. I have two combo boxes with hidden ID fields in the first column that relate to other tables. When I try Copy and Paste Append it is the displayed text that is copied and pasted rather than the hidden IDs. Pasting these in to the new records then produces errors because the IDs are missing.

Is there any easy workaround for this? I think I will have to devise some completely new way for booking a group of people into several courses.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Paste Append (2003)

One option is to use an unbound form with a multi-select list box displaying people and a (single-select or multi-select) list box displaying courses. The user selects a group of people and a course (or several, if you want to allow that), then clicks a command button that adds the selected people to the selected course(s), by executing SQL statements that are dynamically generated.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Paste Append (2003)

Thanks Hans. That is the sort of thing I thought I would have to do.
    Regards
    John