Lounger
    Thanks

Cell Formula problem in VBA (2003)

Hi All,

I need to grab the formulas of some cells as strings to work with them. Generally works fine, just sFormula = oCell.formula. However, it bombs on formulas very near the formula character limit (of which, unfortunately, our users have a good amount).

I've played with the formulas in question. The number of chars I need to remove in order to work with the formula in VBA is a bit variable, depending on the formula, usually I have to bring the length down to between 1007 and 1010 chars.

I can work around this by switching to display formulas mode and grabbing the text of the cell, it seems, but I was wondering why/when this happens and if there's any other way to work with these formulas.

Thanks a lot.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cell Formula problem in VBA (2003)

I'd shorten formulas by using extra cells to hold intermediary results. A 1000-character formula is very difficult to understand and to maintain, IMHO.

(And no, I don't know a workaround)

Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Cell Formula problem in VBA (2003)

Thanks Hans. Unfortunately they are user's files, and stubborn users to boot, so they probably won't break up their formulas. I'll just use that workaround.
    Best,