3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Find Record in a form (2003)

Hello,

I need to create a command button to find a record. The field "companyname" will be use to find a record. What code do I need to use to have it execute. I would like the user to have input the "Company" name to find the record. The name of the form is frmInvoiceMain. Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Find Record in a form (2003)

If you have a table or query listing the company names, I'd do it like this:

- Open your form in design view.
    - Make sure that the "Control Wizards" button on the Control Toolbox (the button with the magic wand) is on (down).
    - Place a combo box on your form.
    - Access will start the Combo Box wizard.
    - Select the third option "Find a record on my form based on the value I selected in my combo box".
    - Click Next:>.
    - Follow the instructions.

The Wizard will set the properties of the combo box and write the code you need to find a record.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Hans. I did this, but this gives me a find screen menu and when it executes, it does it based on the last field I was at. I usually update a record information once I find it, so the when I execute the command buttom it will do it based on the last field the cursor is on. Any idea how to get this done.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Sorry, I don't understand your description or your question. Could you try to explain it more clearly?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

sorry Hans I misunderstood. I was trying to use a command button and not a combo box. But I will try to use the combo box and see if it works. Thanks.