5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Unhide (Excel 2003)

I am unable to unhide a column that I hid. I have tried selecting the adjacent column and clicking Format-Column Unhide with no luck. I have tried the same for columns on both sides of the hidden column with no luck.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Unhide (Excel 2003)

Try this:
    - Click on the column letter to the left of the hidden column.
    - Shift+click on the column letter to the right of the hidden column.
    - Select Format | Column | Width...
    - Enter a positive number, e.g. 10, and click OK.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You can also try (in ascending order of quality)
    <UL><LI> highlighting the column either side and changing the width of one of the columns by dragging on the column header. All 3 columns will have the same width.

<LI> highlighting the column either side and double click on the rightmost border of the selected cells on the column header. This sets the selected columns to 'Auto fit' width.

<LI> moving the cursor over the column header - above column borders it'll show up as a -|- shape. If there are hidden columns and you move it just a little to the right, you'll see it change to a -||- shape. Double click there and your column should reappear. [/list]

Star Lounger
    Thanks

hi there i have the answer, click in the column header like B if your hiden column is C (which ever is left to the hiden column) the column is now highlighted with a little black square (replicator Square) left click hold and drag this little square only half way over the next column about this much (.....) if you go any further you will get an error message, you will also get a message if there is any data like a pivot table directly in front of the hiden column and in this case you will have to either move the data or right click on the column heading left of the hiden one and then click insert, this will sort out the problem. catt