New Lounger
    Thanks

MS Word Reading View (2003 SP2)

Every time a document opens in Reading View, it defaults to 490% zoom. The zoom tool is grayed out, and the Zoom command on the View menu is also grayed out. Any ideas on how to either a) unlock the zoom commands, or [img]/forums/images/smilies/cool.gif[/img] re-set the default zoom to 100%?

Thanks

Re: MS Word Reading View (2003 SP2)

The zoom setting is grayed out because the "actual size" button (not necessarily its real name, the one to the left of the "multiple pages" button) changes the zoom automatically. Is your document really zoomed to 490%? If so, you might need to do a clear-out on some settings. This Start Post might help: Systematic Approach to Behavioral Problems in Word.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Welcome to Woody's Lounge!

As far as I know, you cannot set the zoom percentage for Reading view, but you can increase/decrease the font size using the + and - buttons on the toolbar.

New Lounger
    Thanks

The page was actually zoomed out to 490% and in relation to the first post responding to mine, I really did not know what settings I might need to change, nor how to change them. However, your suggestion was direct, easy and quick and actually worked, not only for the document in front of me, but upon successive openings of other documents in reading view. Thanks. Good reminder to KISS.