4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Edit Time (2003)

If I have a document open in Word 2003 and click on File/Properties/Statistics I can see the total editing time in minutes. However, if I close the document and right-click on the file in Windows Explorer, then click on Properties/Summary/Advanced I find that the total number of minutes has been added to a base date and time of 1/01/1601 1:00 a.m. Can anyone explain the logic for this and why just the total number of minutes is not given? After all, it necessitates the use of pencil and paper to work backwards from 2/01/1601 2:07 a.m. to get to 787 minutes!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Edit Time (2003)

It's a limitation of the way Windows Explorer handles advanced properties. Apparently, the total editing time is stored the way you describe. When you select File | Properties in Word, the application calculates the number of minutes since 01/01/1601 01:00. Windows Explorer doesn't "know" about this calculation, it can only display the date/time it sees.

Silver Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Edit Time (2003)

Hmm; I think that you will find this value changes with a change in time zone set on the system clock.
    Regards
    Don