New Lounger
    Thanks

Tools/Startup (Access 2000)

Hi,

I've got a situation where, in my experimentation with the "Tools/Startup" settings, I unchecked the option that displays Access's default main menu, among other things, when the database is open. I also specified a startup form--something like a "switchboard"/main menu type of thing.

The problem is that, now, I can't get the menu back anymore while the database is open. To get the menu back, I have to close the database, and then, of course the "Startup" option on the "Tools" menu is ghosted because there aren't any databases open.

I tried copying the "ChangeProperty" code from the help system (that I pulled up by searching for the word "Startup") into a module, inserting a ChangeProperty statement to change what I thought was the property that allowed the menu to come up, and then define the "Autoexec" macro to call "Runcode" to invoke the subroutine that called the "ChangeProperty" (so that it would be invoked upon opening the database", but the menu didn't seem to come up. I then also inserted an MsgBox after the call to ChangeProperty, just to make sure ChangeProperty was indeed being invoked, and, to my surprise, the menu displayed, but as soon as I clicked the MsgBox's [OK] button, the menu disappeared again.

How do I go about getting the darn thing back? I'm surprised that Microsoft Access allows one to fall into this kind of "point-of-no-return." That's not user friendly at all.

Does anyone have any answers as to how I can get my menu back?

Thanks,

Steve Weber

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tools/Startup (Access 2000)

I imagine there

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Tools/Startup (Access 2000)

Hold down the shift key while you open the database. Unless you've turned off the bypass key as well, that should get you into the database without any startup stuff running. Then you can turn the option back on in the startup menu.
    Charlotte