Thread: Java

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Java

Since installing Windows 2000 I have had odd instances of Java Applets not working eg the Britannica program will not run and they can offer no explanation; an applet on my ISP won't run but they don't know why. Is there some Win2k incompatibility with previous Java lnaguages and is there something I can do about it?

Roger

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Java

If you really mean Java, as distinct from javascript on web pages, try this procedure :

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I don't know the difference between java and javascript but my VM is up to date (just checked)

Bronze Lounger
    Thanks

Hi
    The two are not related in any way, but, unless you want me to, I won't go into more detail.

Even if your VM appears to be up to date and functional (as I thought mine was) it may still be worth downloading and re-installing. Put it this way : it worked for me.
    Then, to test your system's ability to run Java applets, try <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.ensuredmail.com> here</A>. You can elect to download their offering, when they will run the Java test for you. You can then back out without actually downloading anything. If you are Java-enabled, and up to date, the solution must lie elsewhere, but one source of possible error will have been eliminated. For this type of problem this has to be a step in the right direction.

Rgds