Lounger
    Thanks

Highlight current line in 'datasheet' view (A97, A2k, A2k3)

When I edit data, I open a new form. This form contains a subform that displays the data in "datasheet" view (based upon a query that links data from three tables). Now, I would like to highlight the current line. Is this possible when viewing data in "datasheet" view"? I have attached a sample DB.

TIA, Jerry
    Attached Files Attached Files

Gold Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Highlight current line in 'datasheet' view (A97, A2k, A2k3)

I don't think it is possible to highlight a row in datasheet view. It is possible in a continuous form. Follow the link below to my website on which there is a free download on how to do this.
    Mark Liquorman
    See my website for Tips & Downloads and for my Liquorman Utilities.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Mark is correct: you cannot highlight an entire row in a datasheet form (only individual fields). The database attached to <post#=382,292>post 382,292</post#> demonstrates some other ways to highlight records in a continuous form.

Lounger
    Thanks

So how do I highlight individual fields for the current row in a datasheet view? If this is possible, then I should be able to highlight the major fields, or all of them (using the same logic).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Using Conditional Formatting (available in Access 2000 and later, not in Access 97), you can specify that the control that has the focus is formatted differently from the rest. So this applies to only one control at a time - the currently active control. You cannot use it to highlight multiple controls.

I repeat, what you want cannot be done in a datasheet form, but it is possible in a continuous form.