5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

IE7 and Firefox (IE6, SR2)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by acerfmayer on 09-Nov-07 17:25. )</P>Afternoon –

Woody has said “everybody should download and install Internet Explorer 7 - but use Firefox.”
    My confusion:
    1) since both are browsers, how do you use them together? Why do you need both?
    2) Why can’t one use just Firefox?
    3) I am thinking of switching from IE6 to IE7. Anything I need to be wary of?

Thanks for unconfusing me.
    Acer

And, can IE7/Firefox be used seamlessly with AOL (yup, still with AOL...) Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 926 Posts

Re: IE7 and Firefox (IE6, SR2)

1.) You can have both installed at the same time. No, you don't need both. Some people continue to think that FF is more secure than IE7. I believe that is not correct. Your browsing habits are the biggest factor in whether you will have security problems.
    2.) Some web pages are written to some IE only conventions. They will not display properly in FF without a plugin.
    3.) No. IE7 is more secure than IE6. See Internet Explorer: Home Page for Microsoft's take on IE7.

FWIW, all I run on several machines is IE7. I've never had a security problem with IE7, or any of its predecessors. The best thing I can say about FF is that it has spurred Microsoft to resurrect the development team for IE. A little competition ends up being good for everyone.

Joe
    Joe

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: IE7 and Firefox (IE6, SR2)

Thanks, Joe. Am going to that site now..............
    Acer