New Lounger
    Thanks

Order of caption numbering (Word 2003)

When I have 4 images on one page the order of caption numbering will start with bottom left first (Figure 5.13), then bottom right (Figure 5.14), then top right (figure 5.15), then top left (figure 5.16). How do I make to order go left to right, top to bottom? For the rest of the document, numbering is fine running from top to bottom the whole way through. The only thing I have done differntly is to use publisher to position the images on the page together. Also these 4 captions do not show up in the table of figures.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Order of caption numbering (Word 2003)

How are you placing the captions on the page? If they are in text boxes then you may be able to improve the situation by converting the text boxes to frames. Alternatively you could try creating a table with two rows and two columns and putting the 4 images and their captions in to these table cells as inline text.

StuartR

New Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Order of caption numbering (Word 2003)

Thanks Stuart,
    A text box was being inserted automatically, however copying the original images into a table as you suggested, and inserting a caption has worked fine.
    Tim