4 Star Lounger
    Central Florida, USA

Convert from 03 to 2K (03/2K)

I inherited a database that is in Access 2003. It must now run on two machines that are licensed for Access 2000. When using the "Convert Database" in Utilities it gets the following error:

The form name 'DirDataCopy' is misspelled or refers to a from that doesn't exist.

If the invalid form name is in a macro, an Action Failed dialog box will display the macro name and the macro's arguments after you click OK. Open the macro window, and enter the correct form name.

The weird thing is I searched all the vb code, and found no reference to 'DirDataCopy'. For kicks and grins, I created a blank form titled 'DirDataCopy', then tried converting the database with the new form, it crashes and wants to send a message to fine folks at Microsoft.

My question is, "How can I find WHERE it references the 'DirDataCopy'?" I used the Microsoft find AND "MZ-Tools 3.0" Find tool with no result.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Plutonium Lounger

Re: Convert from 03 to 2K (03/2K)

Try Rick Fisher's Find and Replace for Microsoft Access, it searches the entire database, not just VBA code. It's not free, but you can download a free trial version (valid for 30 days), and it's well worth the modest price.