4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Marking Comments When Replying to Internet Mail

When you reply to an e-mail you're suppose to be able to mark your comments in the body of the sender's message with color highlight preceded with your name in brackets, e.g. <font color=blue>[Daisy] Blah, blah, blah.</font color=blue>

This worked just fine in Outlook 97. But when we upgraded to Outlook 2000 this only works now when replying to in-house e-mail, sent between ourselves here at the office. It doesn't work at all in replies to Internet e-mail messages.

Anyone else notice this? Is it a bug? Is there something I can do to bring this back?
    Daisy

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Marking Comments When Replying to Internet Mail

it's a feature available only for RTF formatted mail.

when you say it works inhouse - exactly what do you mean? the message format should be the same for inhouse or internet. But once sent, the exchange server could be stripping RTF formatting. The text would remain but the coloration gone.

lostinla

Mary J: This same feature often drives me crazy. Is there a way to disable it when you don't want your every comment preceeded by your name?

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

tools > options > email button > mark my comments with... uncheck that option.