Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Remove Personal Information (2K3)

I know how to remove personal information from my workbooks manually

1. On the Tools menu, click Options, and click the Security tab.
    2. Select the Remove personal information from file properties on save check box.
    3. Save the document.

How can I have it set by default?
    Jerry

Thanks

Re: Remove Personal Information (2K3)

You can create a custom Template called Book.XLT and save it in XLStart or alternate startup folder with any of these "Workbook level" options you want as default.

[Modify the workbook as desired (you can add other defaults) and then SAVE AS, choose "Template" from the type and give it the name "BOOK.XLT"]

Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

To set it as default for all new blank workbooks that you create, set up a workbook with the styles and other formatting that you want, tick the "Remove personal information..." check box, then save it as an Excel template (*.xlt) named Book.xlt in your Excel startup folder. Tthe default location of your startup folder is Cocuments and Settings<username>Application DataMicrosoftExcelXLStart. Excel will use Book.xlt as a model for all new blank workbooks.

(Note: you can also save a copy of it with a single worksheet as Sheet.xlt in the same location. This will be used when you select Insert | Worksheet.)

Note: the names *must* be Book.xlt and Sheet.xlt in the English language version of Excel.

To remove personal from *all* workbooks including already existing ones would require using the application-level WorkbookBeforeSave event - post back if you need this.

Platinum Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Steve

Yep, brain fart, I was just looking at <!post=Excels default template (office XP SP3),658940>Excels default template (office XP SP3)<!/post>
    Jerry