2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

How to print a watermark (PP 2003)

I followed the help instructions to create a watermark "DRAFT" (why is PowerPoint different than Word, watermarks should work the same in all MSO products) and I can get DRAFT to display but when I print the slides DRAFt does not print EXCEPT when I select printing in Color on a B&W printer. The intent of the watremark DRAFT was to distribute the slides for review and having to tell the recipients that they have to use an obscure printing function to keep the DRAFT watermark defeats the purpose.

Is there a way to create a watermark that prints without special settings?

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: How to print a watermark (PP 2003)

Normally speaking, a watermark should print with the slides. Can you explain how you created yours?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Best way to check if this sort of thing will print in B&W or greyscale is View > color / greyscale and choose Pure B&W or greyscale as appropriate.This will show you how it will print. If you cant see the watermark try right clicking it and change the greyscale setting in the right click menu

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi

If other suggestions do not work may I offer a quick workaround, simply add the word draft into the Master Slide, position it where you want etc. and it will print out on all of the slides, in 2003 you could even right click it, save it as a picture and when you re-insert it you can use the more advanced transparency options to fade it into the background.

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I created a jpg that consisted of the word "DRAFT" diagonally. Imported the jpg into a pp slide, selected Format Picture, Washout then saved as a picture. I then opened the briefing slides, clicked background, Fill Effects and Select Picture then selected the DRAFT picture.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

If you follow the instructions I posted above but right click on the background to get to greyscale settings in view >color /greyscale.greyscale you should find a setting that will work. Normally though I'd do as Steve suggests.