Results 1 to 2 of 2
2007-11-13, 16:21 #1
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- United States
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Filter by Fill Color (Excel 2003)
I have a worksheet populated with several thousand records. Someone has manual color filled the records based on a criteria of the record. I can't sort the records by any available AutoFilter criteria. No formula or macros was used to perform the color fill of the records; however, the color scheme that has been used is useful.
How can I AutoFilter based on the color of the fill?
2007-11-13, 16:31 #2
- Join Date
- Mar 2002
- Thanked 30 Times in 30 Posts
Re: Filter by Fill Color (Excel 2003)
Chip Pearson has a useful web page Functions For Cell Colors.
Try the following:
- Copy the CellColorIndex function (the first function on the page) into a module in your workbook.
- In the first empty column to the right of your data, enter the word Color in row 1.
- In row 2, enter the formula =CellColorIndex(A2) if you want to return the fill color of cell A2.
- Or enter the formula =CellColorIndex(A2,TRUE) if you want to return the font color of cell A2.
You can now filter and sort on the color index.