New Lounger
    Thanks

Backgrounds (Microsoft Office 2000 Premium)

Hi,

I was hoping that someone could tell me what I'm doing wrong. In a document that I was working on I went to Format, then Background, then Fill Effects, then Picture and then selected the picture that I wanted to use.

As the background was mostly black I used white for my text.

When I was done and happy with what I had I saved the document and printed it out. It either didn't print or printed all white.

I think that I need to do something to 'embed' the background into the document, but I have no idea how to go about it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Eric

Thanks

Re: Backgrounds (Microsoft Office 2000 Premium)

Usually the Background is present only in Web view. To embed an image in the other view, you can insert it into the Header using Insert>Picture>From File. It's very likely that it will appear "faded" while you are editing. I can't recall whether it continues to appear faded when you print.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you.

How do I stretch the field of the Header to encompass the entirety of the document? When I insert the image that I want to use as the background it only fills that top 20% (or so) that is created when I first open the Header.

BTW, this is where I got the background from and what I'm trying to have in the the document.

http://www.feebleminds-gifs.com/bg6.html

I'm helping a friend write up a 'specials' list for his BBQ restaurant, and I thought that this background would be a nice touch. And everything looked great when I had the image as the background. I just didn't know that function was limited to how the document is viewed on the web. I thought it was how it would print as well.

Thanks again,

Eric

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Select the picture (while in Header/Footer view), then select Format | Picture...
    Activate the Layout tab.
    Select another option than Inline with text, then click OK. The picture is now 'floating', you can place and resize it as you wish.

Another way to do this is Format | Background | Printed Watermark... with the Picture option.