5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Personal xls Calendar Control (2003 SP2)

Good morning

I am tring to place the Calendar control into my personal xls but it does not exist in the Toolbox 'Additional Controls', 'Available Controls' but it is not listed, there are 2 references to a link to a Nokia device but not the expected Calendar Control 10

Any idea where it may have 'gone' or what i can do to get it

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Thanks

Re: Personal xls Calendar Control (2003 SP2)

Perhaps the directions in I Don't Have a Copy of mscal.ocx will help.

Steve

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Steve

Thanks for the information, I have however encountered a few problems, perhaps you can help if you have a moment

1. 2003

I downloaded the appropriate calendar control, installed and tested it, OK, however when I open any instance of Excel now it opens the Personal.xls with one sheet which will not allow me to add other worksheets, this is not such a terrible thing because I can just 'save as' and then add other worksheets, the calendar now pops up as expected but if I double clcik a date it does not insert the date into the cell.

2. 2000

At home I have Office 2000 which is where this all started at 05:00 this morning because it already had the calendar control and I set up the macro and it works like a charm in that when I double click a date it inserts it into the current selected cell, what I did not notice this morning before I left for work at 06:15 was that this has done exactly the same as my work machine so that now when I open Excel it opens the personal.xls workbook.

Any ideas what I might have done, or can do to change things back (I reinstalled the 2003 version at the office but it did not make any changes to Excel)

Cheers

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Asking the questions everbody wants the answers too but feels too stupid to ask themselves :-)

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

I don't understand why you would want a calendar control in your Personal.xls. Can you explain?

Thanks

Personal.xls should always open, it should just be hidden. Did you unhide it?

You can re-hide it (Windows - hide) then quit XL and when it asks about saving personal.xls click yes.

Steve

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thanks Steve
    Cheers

Steve

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Hi Hans

From recent posts you may I have noticed that I am trying to make some overtime timesheets and holiday planners for my drivers, I came across this article http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/wind...excelhacks.html which gave instructions on using the MS calendar and how to place it in the personal xls so I just thought it was a normal place to store it.

Thanks

Steve
    Cheers

Steve

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

It isn't a good place for the calendar in your situation, for Personal.xls is - as the name indicates - for your personal use. If you create a userform with a calendar control in Personal.xls, your drivers won't be able to use it. Instead, you should create the userform in the workbook where you want to use it. Moreover, you would have to install the calendar control on all PCs where the workbook will be used.

The advice in the article to unhide Personal.dot is stupid, Personal.xls should always remain hidden. Steve already explained how to hide it again.