New Lounger
    Thanks

KB941229 Media Center Update (Vista 6.0.6000)

Hi Folks:
    Nice to see you all again. It's been a long time between visits. This is a warning regarding the subject update. I thought I had unchecked this box while I was installing the Windows Defender updates, but too late I saw it downloading. It totally eliminated my E drive! Fortunately Restore got everything back. What makes it even worse is the fact that I NEVER use Media Center and I'd like to get rid of it completely.
    I do have a question relative to these updates: for the past 4-5 days the update icon has been parked on my task bar while I check Woody's Defcon screen and it keeps popping up nag messages. Since I don't ever intend to install this thing is there anyway I can just eliminate it from the Windows update list?
    Regards to one and all.
    Powell

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: KB941229 Media Center Update (Vista 6.0.6000)

Visit Microsoft Windows Update. You may have to install Windows Genuine Advantage.
    When the Express and Custom buttons appear, click Custom. Microsoft Update will search for available updates; the one you want to disable should be among them.
    Click the + to the left of this update, then tick the check box "Don't show this update again".
    If you ever decide you want to install it after all, there is an option to display hidden updates again.