2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Modifying the Attachment (2007)

I am playing around with the new access 2007 and would like to know how to configure the attachment control created that displays all attachments to display all items in a list view instead of clicking on it to be able to see the list or toggle thru the small navigation bottoms to see the images. I was trying the "change to" option when right-click to convert it into a list box but it is not available. Any help is welcome.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Re: Modifying the Attachment (2007)

I don't think you can do what you want. Attachment fields are displayed using an attachment control, so you can't change the type of control. You are just given three options about the appearance of the control.

To do what you want, I think you would have to do it the 'old fashioned way'. Create a related tabled that stores the path and filename of the files you want to attach, then display these using a continuous subform, or a list box.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards
    John

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Modifying the Attachment (2007)

Thanks for the help. I think that will be the only way at this point, do it the old fashioned way. It will be nice to be able to modify this type of new control.