4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Access 2000: a reasonable approach?

The application i have in mind is distributing 'something' to teachers so they can calculate/report grades for their classes. Report cards would be printed by the headmaster's office.

So far i'm considering an Excel app, a standalone app written in Delphi, and Access. I have a fairly good handle on the first two, but the work looks significant in either of those cases. If i go with Access across the board, it looks like I would need to distribute the runtime version of Access, of which i know nothing.

Where would i find a good 'discussion' or 'explanation' of the capabilities of the runtime Access package? (or even a hint or two on whether to use Access for the app)

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Access 2000: a reasonable approach?

Thanks chris - i'll give them a shot.

chris.smith

You might give Expert's Exchange a try. They are another group of netizens that pride themselves in being able to handle just about anything that can be thrown their way. I have used them a couple of times, and find them (and their archives) useful.

The link is : <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.experts-exchange.com>http://www.experts-exchange.com</A>

Edited by Charlotte Foust to make the link active.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Having done some more research, it seems to me that 'partial replication' is perfect for a report card system. It seems so obvious that i'm sure i'm not the first to think of it.

Is there an Access product already available off-the-shelf?

Or maybe i'm all wet and PR is NOT the way to go?