Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Crash Dump-Variant (Home Premium)

The most important information you need to post is the hexadecimal number that appears after the word Stop:, for example in the example you posted it says

<code>Stop: 0x0000008E</code>

The name of the module, for example TCPIP.SYS, is the next most important thing that can be used in searching for the error, but we really need the stop code.

Sometimes the string of 4 hexadecimal numbers in ( ) after the stop code are useful too, but these are less important.

StuartR

New Lounger
    Thanks

STOP: 0x000 00001 (spaces inserted for clarity)

(0x0000 0000, 0x0000 002, 0x0000 000, 0x8DB5D6F9)

and the other thing should have been KBD.EXE.....I will edit it now in case others look at it afresh.

New Lounger
    Thanks

Crash Dump-Variant (Home Premium)

<P ID="edit" class=small>(Edited by funtreerodent on 17-Nov-07 21:13. )</P>I have a similar problem to the screen shot on <post#=675,895>post 675,895</post#>, except instead of Win32k, it says TCPIP.SYS

I notice that the two times this "blue screen of death" has appeared, once I was using Norton Internet Security to do a virus sweep "in the background." The second time, I just had the program minimized. By the way, I have not had any detectable virus problems. The Norton program is version 2008 which I just upgraded to, about a month ago.

Just in case it's related, I've also had this error within Windows: KBD.EXE has stopped working. From the error message details, it says version 1.0.2.2 and it also says fault module OSD.DLL

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Do any of the solutions on this web page help?

StuartR