Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Attaching JPEG's (Thunderbird - Latest)

I tried to attached some JPEG images to an email. The recipient could not open them so I emailed them to myself at another address and had the same problem. They appeared inside the document. I could see each photo but could not do anything with them. How can I attach these so you can open or copy them as JPEG's separately?

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Attaching JPEG's (Thunderbird - Latest)

Keep in mind that what you see in an email may be a little different depending on whether pictures are "attached" or rather "inserted" in the message. Even if pictures are attached, YOUR setting can be to view attachments inline and you should see the pictures in the body of the message.

Now, regardless of the above, if a picture is visible in the body you right-click and select to SAVE the picture. If attached pictures are listed by filename at the bottom of the message, you should also be able to right-click and save them.

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Save is not an option. The image is part of the document. When I right click, there is no "Save." I do show a copy but cannot paste anywhere.

When I created the document, I used the Paperclip to attach the images so I thought they would be attachments. There must be a setting in Thunderbird that allows attachments.

Thanks.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Aha, I think the tone is changed. In your first post you said you attached JPGs. I think I missed your use of the word "document" in that post and only picked up on it just now in your reply (because of the paperclip thing).

Did you attach a Word document to an email and the Word document has JPGs inside itself?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

No. I attached individual JPEG's to my email document. The recipient saw these as part of the document and could not separate into individual JPEG files to save on another computer.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

While I'm poking around in the TB settings to see if there's something in there that would get in the way, could you take a small screenshot on the email you sent to yourself, after right-clicking as in MY attachment here, please? Maybe what YOU see might give us a clue as to what we're hunting for.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

While I'm waiting, I'm hoping that other Loungers are reading this thread because I can't find anything (for sure) in the settings that would block your ability to save an email attachment. Here's a slightly larger screenshot from my test email to myself, to which I attached three small pictures. As you can see, I have selected "View attachments inline" from the TB VIEW menu. If I right-click on the picture in view, I get the choices shown there. If I right-click on the filename at the bottom of the screen, you can see the choices offered to me at that point. Now, what do YOU see is what's really important. Thanks for hangin' with me on this...
    Attached Images Attached Images

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I could not get the files size below 100k. I'll try to attach anyway. When I right click on the picture, here are the options:
    Picture Properties
    Replace Picture
    Cut
    Copy
    Paste
    Paste Special

Thanks

Those menu choices sound like the ones that would appear while you are composing a message, while Al is displaying the menu you might see when reading a message you received. ???

5 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I'm guessing the the email is in HTML format.

After jscher2000's response, I was reminded of the email I receive from my sister-in-law: they always open in edit mode.

Try Right Clicking on the unopened document and choose open in a New Window.

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Well, I'm bamboozled on this one. Even with Jefferson's and MBarron's ideas, I can't come up with an example email that yields the right-click choices you're getting. I receive HTML emails all the time, but I can't find one that brings up those choices and in message composition, even after inserting a picture... Hopefully we'll find the answer - keep hanging in with us, OK?

Probably the reason your attachment is too large is that you're not CROPPING it to something (size) manageable by The Lounge software. How are you doing your screenshot?

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

You're right. Here's what the choices are when I right click:
    Document Properties
    Copy
    Copy as Document Link
    Edit
    Forward
    Print
    Find

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

I tried it but the same thing happens. I still can't separate the images into different JPEG files.

Thanks

Thunderbird does have a "save all attachments" feature that might help. But maybe you've already tried it. It's one of the methods listed in this article: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Attachments_(Thunderbird).

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

OK Frank, this may be way far out, but we CAN keep the results in this thread for the benefit of other Loungers. Since you and I both have email addresses listed in our Lounge profiles, if you can figure out a way to do so without compromising any information, and if you care to send a test email to my Lounge email address, I'd like to see the problem first hand to see if I can figure out where a solution might lie. If not, no sweat but a screenshot would still also be helpful, I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast