3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

printing business cards problem

Having designed a business card using DTP programme (Serif Page Plus 11) I just cant get it to print out properley on business card stock. The card design is 8.5cm x 5.4cm and should fit on A4 card stock which has 10 cards. Doing a lot of googling etc it seems there should be a setting on the printer from the various options for paper quality and/or size, but nothing is on my epson printer for this. (screen shot) I can scale down the size of the card to fit 10 on a A4 sheet of plain paper but then this doesn't fit on the perforated card stock. Any ideas?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: printing business cards problem

I had a similar problem with labels a while ago - never seemed to print within the label spaces.
    You would assume that when you set the paper size to A4 in Control Panel, Printers & Faxes, that it would become A4 - but NO.
    You need to check that it is changed in all the printer options in the Device Setting tab, then in the General tab under Printing Preferences, and then check the Advanced tab for Printer Defaults. Your printer may have different settings tabs, but generally the A4 entry will be in more than one location within them.
    Once these are all set for the printer, you can then set them in the application you are using (if it doesn't pick them up automatically)
    Hope it works for you
    John

3 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Re: printing business cards problem

Thank you for the guide, I will check that. Meanwhile I was able to achieve a good print job by setting margins and print guides within the DTP prog to match the actual measurements of the card stock. Long winded but saved as a template for any future card printing of that size.