4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Delete query (Access 2000)

In my delete query i get the error " specify the table containing the records you want to delete.Can you help ?

DELETE orders.orderid, orders.Audit, customers1.Customerid
    FROM orders INNER JOIN customers1 ON orders.customerid = customers1.Customerid
    WHERE (((orders.orderid)<DMax([orderid],[orders],[Audit]=True)) AND ((orders.Audit)=True) AND ((customers1.Customerid) In (118,119,120,121,124,960,1008,402)));

2. Subscribe to our Windows Secrets Newsletter - It's Free!

Get our unique weekly Newsletter with tips and techniques, how to's and critical updates on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows XP, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Google, etc. Join our 480,000 subscribers!

Excel 2013: The Missing Manual

+ Get this BONUS — free!

Get the most of Excel! Learn about new features, basics of creating a new spreadsheet and using the infamous Ribbon in the first chapter of Excel 2013: The Missing Manual - Subscribe and download Chapter 1 for free!

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

Re: Delete query (Access 2000)

It's always difficult to create a delete query based on more than one table. Why do you need the Customers1 table in the query? You could put the condition on the CustomerID field from Orders instead of on the CustomerID field from Customers1.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

Thank you for the reply.I get now the message enter parameter value.I am sending you the query, maybe you could find some other way ? In this case i want to delete all the orders having Audit = true and Customerid = 124
    Attached Files Attached Files

Plutonium Lounger
    Thanks

All arguments to DMax are strings. The SQL should be

DELETE orders.orderid, orders.Audit, orders.customerid
    FROM orders
    WHERE (((orders.orderid)<DMax("[orderid]","[orders]","[Audit]=True")) AND ((orders.Audit)=True) AND ((orders.customerid)=124));

Since you have carefully supplied a table in which none of the records satisfy these conditions, no records will be deleted.

4 Star Lounger
    Thanks

It is great ! I get the results required and the code runs and flies. Thank you very much !!